I, Frankenstein - Airs Sunday, October 23 at 9/8c
Frankenstein gets all the glory. So we want to focus on the true creator, author, Mary Shelley, who's life was filled with fascinating details. If Mary were alive today, we imagine that her tell-all book would epic. Here's five (true!) facts we're sure she would include:
I, Mary Shelley …
1. ...Published the first edition of Frankenstein anonymously in 1818 when I was just 21 years old because I was cool like that.
2. My mom, Mary Wollstonecraft was one of history's first feminist writers. #imwithher
3. I started writing early drafts of Frankenstein in Geneva, Switzerland while on holiday with my beau Percy and Lord Byron who challenged a group of us to write a horror story. Mine won, obvi. My squad is more literary than yours.
4. My story, Frankenstein didn't go over well with critics at first but whatever because once it was adapted for the stage, it became a hit. The earliest stage production took place in London in 1823. #imsofancy
5. I wrote other stuff too! Like an apocalyptic novel The Last Man about the only survivor of a global plague and a historical novel Valperga, based on the life and adventures of Castruccio Castracani, Prince of Lucca.