The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003): 5 Things to Know
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - Airs Sunday, October 2 at 9/8c
Before you attempt a drunken remake of the iconic chainsaw dance, this Halloween, here's 5 things you need to know about the remake that became synonymous with Jessica Biel and tank tops.
1. Leatherface's real name is Jedidiah Sawyer. No relation to the honorable Diane.
2. During production, budget constraints were so tight that wardrobe couldn't afford a full top for Jessica Biel.*
3. Mike Vogel and his really nice (seriously, it's pretty great) face appeared in a Syfy mini-series in 2015 called Childhood's End. It wasn't as gory as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but it was just as scary.
4. This remake was in fact filmed in Texas. Taylor, Texas to be exact. No relation to the honorable Swift.
The memorable slaughterhouse scenes were shot at night, in and around The Taylor Meat Company, which is still in operation today.
5. John Larroquette, who did the narration for the 2003 remake was paid with a joint (also see: "weed") when he did the narration of the first film in 1974.
**We're kidding. About the tank tops. Not the joint.