Location #1: Longleaf Sawmill, Longleaf, LA
Original Use: From 1900 – 1969 it was an active saw mill-manufacturing lumber that was used to build thousands of houses in Chicago, the Midwest, and on the east coast
Reports Indicating Hauntings:
- The hard laboring men often died and lost limbs to the blade of the large saw.
- According to a local historian a worker was killed when he was pushed into the wood chipper by an envious co-worker who wanted his job.
- Witnesses claim they’ve heard the disembodied sounds of voices talking, people humming, and the ghostly sound of children laughing on the property.
- In the machine shop a 202-cabbage head train collided with another train causing the steam valve to break.
- Two men died in the accident and supposedly visitors to the property have seen the apparition of a man standing near the train
- Apparitions, shadow figures, and screams have been heard coming from the building housing the saw, supposedly the most paranormally active building on the vast property