Datak and Pol eat Bulgur Ashkan, a traditional Castithan dish. Bulgur is a real Earth grain and is used in Tabbuleh. Ashkan can be made out of a variety of grains, most of them unavailable on Earth. But a terraformed version of Bulgur Ashkan tastes remarkably close to the kind they had on Casti. Here's the recipe:
1. Combine the ground beef and ground pork, seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper to taste. In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the meat on medium-high for five minutes. Set aside for later.
2. In a pot of extra-large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the onions until they turn golden. Mix in the bulgur and stir for a few minutes.
3. Dissolve the tomato paste in 1 cup of water. Season with smoked paprika and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
4. Add in the tomatoes, dissolved tomato paste, black pepper, white pepper, salt and 3 cups of water.
5. Let it simmer for 20 minutes over low heat with the lid on until the bulgur is well cooked. Add more water, if neccessary. Halfway through the cooking process, add in browned meat.
6. Remove from heat and allow it to rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
7. Add in the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil and mix well.