Face Off: Our Top Looks - Season 8, Episode 5
Welcome back to Our Top Looks, where we make the call on what's the best work of every episode of Face Off.
Speaking of 'call,' this week's episode is one of our all-time favorites as a clever premise resulted in some truly inspired work from the artists: make a character based on a sound effect designed by Oscar-winning sound designer Erik Aadahl (Argo). We liked the sound of that ... and we were pretty happy with the resulting visions, too.
Season 8, Episode 5: "Sounding Off"
Top Looks (Judges):
1. Stephanie & Kelly (Housewife Automaton from the sound of ticking clock)
2. Julian & Ben (Demonic Executioner from the sound of heavy breathing and a metallic slash)
Our Top Looks:
- Stephanie & Kelly (Housewife Automaton from the sound of ticking clock)
We were with the judges on this one, all the way. This was a really amazing character, and kudos to Stephanie for going for '50s housewife rather than 'steampunk.' She really does look like a life-sized toy!
- Logan & Rob (This grotesque giant beast, from the sound of grunts and snarls)
This one was a 'Safe' pick of the judges, but we have to give props to Logan & Rob for swinging for the fences with this very ambitious undertaking. They made an entire creature suit in three days, and it looks awesome n' gnarly.
- Julian & Ben (Demonic Executioner from the sound of heavy breathing and a metallic slash)
And to think, these guys spent most of Day 1 struggling to even come up with a character sketch! We agree with the judges -- we love what Julian refers to as the 'Face Off Demon.'
Next Week: Trolls!