The Faces of Face Off: Season 10, Episode 2
In "Child's Play," the artists of Face Off were charged with creating their own toy character come to life, inspired by inanimated objects such as a watch, racecar, lollipop and playing dice.
- ... a task to be guest judged by none other than Pee-wee himself, Paul Reubens! (He wasn't always amused by the outcome.)
- For some of the artists, the challenge was a dream come true. It brought back many wonderful childhood memories for Mel, who spent most of the episode looking like she was about to burst into song.
- For others, not so much. The challenge brought alarm bells for Njoroge (or, perhaps, not-so-wonderful childhood memories).
- And Yvonne was just ... confused.
- In keeping with the Pee-wee's Playhouse vibe, it got a bit rowdy in the lab. Walter and Ant had to join forces to restore order and discipline.
- Hey, if you were a Crayon Man, you'd look at yourself in the mirror all day, too.
- And if you were a Watch Man, the constant ticking in your head (and on your face) would put you into a permanent stupor, too.
- And if you were Board Game Man, you couldn't help but be unintentionally creepy, right?
- Ultimately, whimsy won the day. As it does.
Next Week: Season 10, Episode 3: "Lost Languages."