The Faces of Face Off: Season 8, Episode 13
Howdy, partners! Git on lil' doggies as we merge the world of the Wild Wild West with the art of Steampunk, a strange brew that inspires some of the most amusing facial expressions on this season of Face Off.
Season 8, Episode 13: "Full Steam Ahead"
Last week's Spotlight Challenge had the artists (down to four, FYI) taking a classic Western character — a barmaid (Logan), an undertaker (Emily) a bank robber (Julian) and a blacksmith (Darla) — and re-imagining it as a steampunk cyborg.
That's quite the tall order, as even when the art of "steampunk" is described as eloquently and completely as possible ("A combination of two elements: a Victorian or Edwardian fashion sense combined with technology from a previous civilization that has been rediscovered and is now powered with steam," per Glenn), it still makes for some alarm and confusion.
- Alarm for Darla.
- Confusion for Emily.
- And that's not all. Steampunk can also inspire blank stares …
- … temporary madness …
- … and cute self-consciousness.
- Oh, and whatever it is that Laura's doing here.
- Anyway, we love this stuff. Ve does, too.
- Oh, we also wanted to include this amazing piece of fan art that McKenzie retweeted, because why wouldn't we?
Next Episode: The Season 8 Finale!