The Faces of Face Off: Season 8, Episode 2
Welcome back to The Faces of Face Off, where we compile the best facial expressions given by the artists, coaches, judges and anyone else who happens to wander onto the set of our all-time favorite show.
In the second episode of Season 8, "anyone else" applies to a variety of MONKEYS on hand to inspire the artists to create a tyrannical alien primate ruler (there's your next vocal warm-up) to go with their alien duo.
- Monkeys like this here adorable White-Faced Capuchin, who's actually an old monkey lady at 25.
- There's also this squee-worthy squirrel monkey, who pretty much has this exact facial expression at all times to guarantee a constant stream of "Awwwwww!"
- Making a third character is a daunting addition to an already difficult challenge (one that makeup maestro Rick Baker's overseeing, at that), though the announcement that the artists will have a extra day to get the job done brings sighs of relief … and, in Anthony's case, screams of joy.
- Kelly figures there might be some sort of conspiracy afoot - after all, Planet of the Apes ended with a shocking twist. Does this challenge have something similar in store?
- Anyway, it just goes to show you that sometimes you can't tell the artist from the creation, as is the case with Stephanie and this visitor from outer space. What power the judges wield to inspire the same facial expression from both human and alien!
Next Week: What happens when you mix a plant with an animal? Something deadly ...