Introducing The Ghost Hunters' Shari DiBenedetti
TAPS will be investigating a haunted prison tonight at 9/8c and they're also getting a brand new team member, Shari DeBenedetti. Get to know her a little better.
1. Can you tell us about the paranormal experience you had that made you a believer?
I've always believed in the paranormal, as I had many experiences growing up, but what made me become an investigator was living in a haunted house and being frightened night after night. The more research I did I became less afraid and then became an investigator to help others who were dealing with the same issues.
2. Favorite Ghost Hunters episode or TAPS case?
I don't have any one particular favorite Ghost Hunters episode or TAPS case. Although I do love catching evidence of ghosts, I love the cases where the TAPS team is able to make the clients feel comfortable on their property, as that's what it's all about. However, I do love the Ghost Hunters episode when Steve gives Dave a tiara to put on his head and told him it was a headlamp.
3. Do you have any pre-investigation rituals?
I don't have pre-investigation rituals but I do pray a lot to my guardian angels to watch over me and protect me on a regular basis, as I'm more afraid of the living than the dead.
4. What was your first job?
My first real job was working for my parents at an engineering firm. I worked there for over 20 years having many titles.
5. Which celebrity ghost would you like to make contact with?
The celebrity ghost I would like to make contact with would be Elvis. I would ask him to sing to me, although, I think someone just said they spotted him in a little coffee shop in Italy.
6. What do you like most about working with TAPS?
There are many reasons why I like working with TAPS. Not only do I like the way they investigate, but everyone truly works as a TEAM. There is no exaggeration, it is what it is; there is no competition; and everyone helps and respects each other. The team consists of a group of down-to-earth, genuine people and they made me feel comfortable and a part of the team from day one.
7. What do you think is more terrifying, a vengeful spirit or Motley Crue's hair circa 1988?
A vengeful spirit is definitely more terrifying then Motley Crue's hair circa 1988. I love Motley Crue, along with all the other hair bands, and they are so much better to look at. And, yes, I had that hair too.
8. Who would make a better President of the United States, Dave Tango or Steve Gonsalves and why?
Even though I think they would both equally be great, I think that Steve would make a better President of the United States than Dave, only because Dave eats bugs. I don't think we should have a President that eats bugs.
9. Spookiest or freakiest thing that ever happened to you during an investigation?
I have had more scary things happen to me while not on investigations then on investigations. One of the most frightening was when I felt a hand go over my mouth and I was being held down. All of a sudden a full body apparition appeared in front of. He then glided towards my door, the door opened up on its own, he went through it and then the door closed behind him. Once the door closed all the pressure was taken off of me.
10. Name a horror movie that you refuse to re-watch because it's too scary:
I honestly don't watch horror movies. If I did, I probably wouldn't do what I do. I'm not sure what I would do if I went around a corner and saw a clown starting to run after me. So I'll stick to watching comedies/rom-coms and action.
11. What's the number one item on your holiday wish list?
The number one item on my holiday list would be a new laptop computer.
12. Who's your favorite author?
I don't have a favorite author, but I love books about the paranormal and the afterlife.
13. Where are you from, originally?
I am originally from Upstate New York. I moved to Boston when I was 11.
14. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Well, I think like a lot of people, when I was younger I wanted to be an actress or singer, however I couldn't act or sing, so then I wanted to be an accountant.
15. Is there a location you'd love to investigate that you never have?
One location that I would love to investigate is the White House.
16. What's your favorite food?
My favorite food is chicken Marsala with angel hair pasta.
17. What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear has nothing to do with the paranormal but has to do with my kids' safety at their schools, with the awful violence going on at schools nowadays.
18. What's your greatest life achievement, so far?
My greatest life achievement so far are my children. With all the stress and craziness that's happened in our lives and in this world I have managed to keep them happy and healthy. They are all around wonderful kids and they are my life.