Everyday Chemistry, Part 4: Making Microwave Cake
Ever have a cake craving but don't want to invest in baking (and eating) a whole pan? Here's a simple way to make a great, individual serving of a moist cake at home!
Making Microwave Cake
- 4 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Large paper cup or large coffee mug
- Rubber spatula
- If using a paper cup, cut tiny cuts on the bottom of the cup for air to circulate.
- Add all the dry ingredients to paper cup or mug, & mix well.
- Add egg & mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. (Don't over mix or your cake will be dense.)
- Set mug in the microwave & cook for 1 to 2 min on high, cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- Let cool for one minute and enjoy!