Quantum Cocktails, Part 4: The P.O.G.
Can you truly take a trip to a tropical paradise without really leaving? Heck yeah! The official drink of Hawaii, P.O.G is an exotic fruit juice mixture of passion fruit, orange, and guava. The vibrant combination blends perfectly with Island rum.
Recipe courtesy of Devon Espinosa
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) passion fruit nectar or puree
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) guava fruit nectar or puree
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) dark rum
- Pineapple wedge, for garnish
- Combine the passion fruit and guava nectars, orange juice, and rum in a shaker with ice.
- Shake this mixture up really well to break up the ice into shards.
- Pour the cocktail into a hurricane glass over ice.