Frequently Asked Questions
About Syfy Now
Syfy Now is a service offered through participating TV providers that allows you to watch full episodes of your favorite SyFy shows online the day after airing on TV.
This is a free site. It’s an added value to your regular TV subscription through participating television providers.
This service is only available to customers of participating U.S. TV providers watching in the U.S.
When prompted, select your TV provider. You will then be asked to enter your TV username and password; similar to when you pay your bill online. Don't forget to check 'remember me' if you don't want to log in again. If you don't have an online account with your TV provider or can't remember your username and password, please contact your TV provider to learn more.
If you already have a username and password from your TV provider, you will not need to create a new account. If you have not previously registered an account with your TV provider, you will need to do so with a valid email address. Please contact your TV provider to learn more.
We are actively working to add additional TV providers to this service. Don't see your provider? Check back at a later time to see if your provider has been included.
Most TV providers offer a simple way to retrieve or reset your password. Please contact your TV provider to learn more.
Syfy Now is currently available from your desktop or laptop browser, or through the Syfy Now iPhone and iPad app. An Android app for phones and tablets is coming soon. We are working to expand the offering to additional platforms. Please continue to check back to see when this service is available on additional devices.
Yes. You can access Syfy Now from your desktop and laptop computer anywhere within the U.S.
Full episodes for the available SyFy original series will be available the day after they air on television.
Yes, you can continue to visit syfy to access show clips, highlights, and a limited number full episodes without Pay TV subscription.
- Name of the program
- Description of the issue (e.g., missing captions on a particular episode, captions cut off, timing is off)
- Website or application where you viewed the program
- Approximate time and date that the issue occurred
- Your name and contact information including mailing address, email and phone number
Once you are signed in to the site, you can click on the 'Shows' option in the main menu to browse the list of shows that are available. We are frequently adding new series and episodes to the site, so continue to check back to see if your show has been added.
There are some shows that air on SyFy that are not currently available on this service. We are frequently adding new series and episodes to the site, so continue to check back to see if your show has been added.
They indicate the age-appropriateness and type of content presented in a program. There are two parts after "TV-": An age-based rating, followed by a content descriptor. A summary of the codes we use is provided below for your convenience. For complete information, visit the TV Parental Guidelines.
Content codes: Suggestive dialogue (D), coarse or crude language (L), sexual situations (S), violence (V).
Audience age codes: All children (Y), children 7+ (Y7), children 7+ with fantasy violence (Y7-FV), all ages (G), parental guidance suggested (PG), unsuitable for children under 14 (14), unsuitable for children under 17 (MA).
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- OS X Mavericks
- Chrome 10+
- Safari 7+ - Mac Only
- Firefox 13+
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Content Settings button under Privacy.
- Scroll down to Unsandboxed plug-in access.
- Click the Allow all sites to use a plug-in to access your computer radio button.
- Once you’ve changed your settings, close all browser windows.
- Restart your browser and navigate to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/sett....
- A page will appear with Protected Content Playback Settings panel. Press the "Reset License Files" button.
- Restart the browser, navigate to the site, log in, and enjoy.
Yes, you will need an active high-speed Internet connection to access Syfy Now from your desktop or laptop computer.
You may need to update your video players and their plug-ins to their most current versions. Please make sure you have updated and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, if you are experiencing difficulties playing video.
IE9 is supported, but its Compatibility View feature is not. The fix is simple — turn off Compatibility View mode. Here's how:
1. Select Tools from the Menu bar (If it's not visible, press Alt on your keyboard)
2. Select Compatibility View Settings. A panel will open. Uncheck all 3 options at the bottom of the panel.
3. Select the Close button to save your changes.
4. Reload the page, and enjoy.
To login with MVPD, your browser needs access to cookies. Safari for Mac blocks cookies by default. The fix is easy – enable cookies. Here's how:
1. Select 'Safari > Preferences' from the menu bar
2. Select the 'Privacy' tab
3. Change the 'Block cookies' setting to 'Never'
4. Reload the page, log in, and enjoy.
You will need to enable user cookies. Here are instructions to enable it in Chrome.
1. Go to Chrome Settings by either typing "chrome://settings/" in the browser locator or by clicking on Chrome --> Preferences in the menu bar.
2. Make sure you are in the Settings page (see left menu navigation). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Show Advanced Setting" link, which will open up the privacy settings.
3. Under the Privacy section, click on the Content Settings button.
4. In the "Content Setting" screen under the Cookies section make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected and "Block third-party cookies and site data" is unselected.