Olympus' Oracle Answers 26 Random Questions
Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 12:04
No guessing games or predictions needed, Olympus' Sonya Cassidy (Oracle) lets us in on a few of her secrets
- Favorite book of all time: The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings
- Dream job (besides acting): Wow, that's a hard one. Something literary based. I would have my own cafe-restaurant, secretly nestled somewhere in London (modelled on The Shakespeare Bookshop in Paris) filled with gorgeous, dusty old books that people could exchange. And a requirement would be they'd have to leave a little note/review in each for the next reader.... Like a public Book Club.
- TV Show I'm sort of ashamed to admit I watch but will anyway: Not ashamed, but have spent too much time watching The Amazing Race and Ru Paul's Drag Race. A recurring theme I realize...
- Biggest fear: Wasting time pondering one's biggest fear....
- Most embarrassing moment ever (and yes, we're asking you to share it): Thankfully not many major ones I can recall. Unless I've repressed them. That said, my friends have a lot of embarrassing stuff on me from when we were in school. Any crush I had was pretty hilarious/ridiculous. I ADORED the band Five and would very proudly wear the key ring I bought at their concert on my wedding finger, to express the depths of my 'love' for them.....#hangshead.
- Nickname? Sonj
- Dance move you are really good at: Like to think I can throw a few good shapes.
- Proudest moment: Getting into RADA straight from school. Really tough competition. I was utterly stunned.
- Which Smurf are you? (Brainy Smurf, Vanity Smurf, etc) - Perhaps a bit of a mix, but I'll go with Gutsy Smurf. I'm half Scottish.
- What was your most ORIGINAL Halloween costume: One year I went as a mouse from Cinderella, with a morbid twist. Disney does Deathly kind of thing. Made a giant tape measure, glasses, whiskers, sharp teeth.... Quite awkward travelling to the party in London, dressed as a giant, demonic mouse. In England we don't do Halloween as you guys do.
- Was there a particular movie/tv show (or role within) that made you want to become an actor? My parents took my brother and I to the theatre and cinema a lot, which we loved. The arts were a strong part of our lives. But one of the pivotal moments for me was watching Coppola's The Godfather for the first time. I was blown away, inspired, eager to tap into human beings as he/they had, to tell extraordinary stories in such a beautiful, challenging way. For me, it's as close to a masterpiece as you can get. One of those films you can put on time and time again and appreciate it's brilliance, actor or not.
- What non-life threatening disease would make a good name for a child? Hyperdactyly VI.
- What's your porn name ? (It's the name of your first pet and the name of the street you grew up on combined) Shelly Birdlip.
- Where is the last place in the world you'd want to run into Ryan Seacrest? Mid way through a coffee order. Nothing and no one should interrupt that.
- Which Muppet would you want to be eaten by and which would you want to hang out with? Eaten by? Hmmm. Probably the Cookie Monster. Hang out with? Gonzo. I had a Gonzo bag as a kid, so already I know we'd get along #bigfan
- If you met Bea Arthur, what would you reaction be – joy, terror or both? Can I say neither as, until now, I didn't know who she was? Intrigue. Polite intrigue.
- Which sitcom house would you want to live in and why? Monica's flat in Friends. Absolutely loved that show growing up and still do. Great location in an incredible city, open, spacious yet cozy, balcony, opposite your friends place, close to a fabulous coffee house... And, you've got the added entertainment of Mr Heckles as your neighbour. What more could you ask for?
- What's a hidden or quirky talent you have (i.e. typing with your toes, etc): Not particularly hidden or quirky, but unexpected I suppose: I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- What's your biggest pet peeve? Bad manners and lack of empathy.
- What movie do you think is really overrated: Robin Hood: Men in Tights (don't tell my flatmate!)
- What Disney Princess do you think is secretly a real bitch? I'd hazard a guess that they all have their moments...
- Celebrity best friend in your head? Tilda Swinton. Though she's way too cool for me.
- If you were born the opposite sex, what was your name going to be (if you don't know, what would you WANT it to be)? Good question. Stewart I think. I'd have gone with *see answer to question 12*
- What time do you usually wake up in the morning? 8.30/9 am.
- What's a song (and artist) you can listen to six times in a row and never get sick of? Thankfully, many! Queen ranks pretty highly though.
- If You've Seen This Movie: Which Big Business twin are you – City Bette Midler, City Lily Tomlin, Country Bette Midler or Country Lily Tomlin? Not seen it, alas. But now I'm interested to!