Andy Muschietti's IT was one of the bright spots in a mediocre, uneven year for Hollywood, and the record-breaking fright flick terrorized the stuffing out of millions of fans, who were immediately absorbed into its artful cinematic horror.
Bill Skarsgard was horrifying as Pennywise the Dancing Clown, and audiences were happy to subject themselves to this modern R-rated adaptation of the 1986 Stephen King classic. But the real shocker came from the box-office coffers after all the demonic laughter died down. IT gathered up an astonishing $686 million in global receipts on a very modest $35 million budget.
Resplendent with a red balloon, the home video release is creeping toward us from The Deadlights and is scheduled to invade our lives on January 9, 2018, crammed with deleted scenes, featurettes, and bonus material sure to instill more primal fear into your new year.
Stephen King's IT will be rolled out in a 4K Blu-ray edition featuring Dolby Vision HDR. 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray discs will be presented with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remastered directly for home theater environments.
Here's a list of the added goodies and new documentaries:
- Pennywise Lives! – Discover how Bill Skarsgård prepared to portray the primordial creature known as Pennywise the Dancing Clown.
- The Losers’ Club – Get up close and personal with the teenage stars of “IT” as they bond together during the production.
- Author of Fear – Stephen King reveals the roots of his best-selling novel, the nature of childhood fear and how he created his most famous monster, Pennywise
- Deleted Scenes – Eleven deleted or extended scenes from the film
- Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
Check out the foreboding box art below, then tell us if you'll scare up the cash to grab a copy when it strikes next year.