Kevin-Smith-Excited.jpg

Kevin Smith 'Feeling good!' and back home recovering after that massive heart attack

Contributed by
Feb 28, 2018

He’s on the mend! Kevin Smith has given an update to fans on his health progress after he suffered a massive heart attack on Sunday.

Smith tweeted to his fans on Wednesday to let them know that he is now out of the hospital, recovering back at home, and “feeling good,” adding that he’s turned vegetarian, presumably in a bid to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

The 47-year-old writer/actor/director wrote: “Home again, home again, jiggety-jig! Home is where the heart is and the heart is feeling good! It’s actually getting more blood flow and oxygen than it has in a long time. So I am ALERT, to say the least! Thank you for all the kind words, folks - from Vegetarian Kev, Day 2!”

Smith had been scheduled to perform two shows at Glendale's Alex Theatre, one at 6 p.m. and another at 9, on Sunday, when he suffered a heart attack in between them, forcing him to cancel his show.

“After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack. The Doctor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka “the Widow-Maker”),” Smith tweeted on Monday, while noting that had he not cancelled his shows, he would have died.

The Clerks director has been nothing but direct with his fans ever since he revealed the shocking news. On Tuesday, he posted a Facebook Live video, in which he spoke openly to fans for nearly 20 minutes as he recounted the details of his ordeal.

Smith told fans that he never in a “million years thought it was a heart attack,” adding: “I didn’t piece together I was having a heart attack … even though my chest was heavy and even though my father died at the age of 67 died of a massive heart attack.”

Here's hoping Smith continues to get better, and keeps up with that diet.