In our latest installment of questions and answers for ABC's Lost, we're delving into the last couple of episodes "Dr. Linus" and this week's "Recon."
"Dr. Linus" was a Ben-centric episode that gave us hints about the weird and wondrous Ben, who has led the Others, battled Widmore and Eloise over the island in one way or another and murdered both Old Locke (before he became the Locke-ness Monster) and Jacob. (It's questions and mega-answers, so spoilers ahead!)
In the episode, "Dr. Linus," we learned more about Ben's life as a teacher as he made a power play for the principal's office in the Sideverse. While he was smacked down, it was for the love of his daughter. We also learned his ill father was bitter about the "damned DHARMA Initiative."
In the Lostverse, Ilana and the crew discovered, thanks to Miles' psychic reading of Jacob's dead ashes, that Ben killed Jacob and that Jacob hoped he'd change his mind before he plunged the knife in and murdered him. Ilana was not pleased and forced Ben to start digging his own grave. When the Locke-ness Monster stopped by to stage a breakout, Ben decided to stay with Ilana, who decided not to kill him.
Meanwhile, a disillusioned Richard Alpert tried to get Jack to help him commit suicide with some of the Black Rock's dynamite, but Jack called it right when he said that somehow both their lives would be spared. As Jack and his gang, Ilana and her gang, and Ben once again found each other on the beach, a submarine watched, and Charles Widmore told everyone to continue as planned.
In "Recon," a Sawyer-centric episode, Locke-ness sent Sawyer on a trip to the Hydra island to see what was up with the Ajira plane and whether there were survivors.
In the Sideverse, Ford/Sawyer is a cop with issues, and Miles is his partner.
The Locke-ness Monster brings his new recruits, including Kate, to Claire's shack, where Jin is injured. Locke-ness does some fancy footwork to convince Sawyer to head over to the Hydra island. Once there, Sawyer discovers dead bodies and Widmore's team. Sawyer makes a deal with Widmore to lead Locke-ness to them if his friends and he get to go free and leave the island. At Claire's camp, she attacks Kate, thinking Kate stole Aaron, but Locke stops her. When Saywer returns he tells Locke-ness everything about Widmore. And then he tells Kate that he's going to let them fight it out and steal the sub with her so they can get off the damn island.
In the Sideverse, Ford/Sawyer admits to Miles that his father killed his mother after a con man named Sawyer conned them and that he wants to kill the man. Just then a car rams into their car and a suspect flees. Ford catches her, and it's Kate.
During the season we'll scour the new episodes for answers to our 100-plus questions below and post those along with the NEW questions each episode poses every couple of weeks, this week from "Dr. Linus" and "Recon." Below, if a question is boldface it was answered since our last article. If a question is italic it was answered in earlier episodes and the subject of a previous article. This is the sixth of our Lost Questions and Answers stories, and we'll fill in the answers as they come up throughout the Lost season.
NEW QUESTIONS FROM THIS WEEK'S "DR. LINUS" EPISODE:
146. Why can't Richard Alpert kill himself? Why does he believe his life has no meaning? Why does he suddenly not believe anything Jacob tells Hurley? What's the whole gifts and curse thing?
147. Miles tells Ben that Jacob was hoping Ben would change his mind and not kill him. Why didn't he, considering Jacob knows ... like everything?
148. What does Jack suddenly know that Richard doesn't when it comes to setting off the dynamite stick?
149. Why does Ilana decide "I'll have you," after Ben escaped rather than letting him go to the Locke-ness Monster?
150. In the Sideverse, did Ben's dad's plan involving signing up with the DHARMA Initiative not work out because the island sank, or was there another reason?
151. Does Sideverse Locke actually have a hint of Smokey in him when it comes to him planting the seed that Ben might want to go after the principal's job?
152. What's up with Widmore and his submarine? Since it's implied he's going to attack the beach, why doesn't he care that there are people on the beach? What are his plans?
NEW QUESTIONS FROM THIS WEEK'S "RECON" EPISODE:
153. Why does Locke really send Sawyer over to Hydra? Is it because he can't leave the island at all?
154.What is the Locke-ness Monster's real ticket off the island?
155. What does Charles Widmore really want?
156. When Locke tells Kate his mother was crazy, what does that really have to do with Claire and Aaron?
157. How is the Sideverse Kate and Sawyer run-in going to affect things?
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS WE'VE ALREADY RAISED
1. Who is Jacob? Apparently he's a ghost now, along with possibly being God. Maybe. ("LA X") We also learn his main job is to protect the island from the Locke-ness Monster, if Locke-ness is telling us (and Sawyer) the truth. Or if he's not telling the truth, we're thinking Jacob (as a jailer of sorts) has trapped Old Smokey ON the island. Maybe that's why the Locke-ness Monster says he's "trapped." ("The Substitute")
2. Is he good or is he evil? The jury is still out, but he certainly seems gooder than Smokey Locke, who we're now calling the Locke-ness Monster. ("LA X")
3. How old is Jacob? Pretty old, since he seemed to be around when the Black Rock was sailing. ("The Incident")
4. What's up with the Man In Black (MiB)? The theories that he was actually the Smoke Monster were right, and we found that out in very dramatic fashion when the Locke-ness Monster transformed into the Monster and smoked Jacob's Bodyguards under the four-toed statue. However, we also discovered that what he really wants is to "go home." ("LA X") We learned he was at one time a man, who now is something else and that he's trapped. Locke-ness really wants to get off the island, and he managed to convince Sawyer to go with him, which we're guessing is a really bad idea for Sawyer. He also has to follow "the rules." ("The Substitute") Dogen called Locke-ness "evil incarnate." We also learned that when Sayid stabbed in the heart with the sword, Locke just pulled it out and handed it back to him. And he told Sayid he has the ability to offer him anything he wants, which we're guessing includes Sayid's long lost love, Nadia. ("Sundown")
5. Why does he need a loophole, and which one did he find? We're thinking the loophole might be that Smokey couldn't harm Jacob himself and needed to take a deceased human's form to do the deed. ("The Incident")
6. Why does the MiB hate Jacob?
7. Is Jacob really dead? Yes, but apparently he's still a factor in this chess match, since he appeared to Hurley and told him he/Jacob was actually dead and to take Sayid to the Temple to save his life. ("LA X") However, was it really Jacob who had that conversation with Hurley after all? Maybe dead really is dead. ("What Kate Does")
8. Is Locke dead? Our Locke is alive in the new Sideverse. However, he's dead in the old Lostverse, according to the Locke-ness Monster. In fact, he filled Ben in on all the details of what Locke was thinking as he was dying when Ben strangled him. Nice touch, that one. ("LA X")
9. Is Juliet dead? The blast didn't kill her, but she did die trying to tell Sawyer that "It worked." (As in setting of the bomb, dudes!) But we're guessing she'll show up somewhere in the Sideverse as well. ("LA X")
10. Did Jughead really blow up when the screen turned to white? Yes. ("LA X")
11. Why would the other survivors follow Jack's crackpot plan to reset the present? And aren't all the surviving Lostverse Survivors just kicking themselves now 'cause things have so not gone well for them since the big blast? ("LA X")
12. Did time reset and keep the Oceanic 815 from crashing? Yes, but not without changes and at least one alternate universe. Apparently the island is under the water in the Sideverse. And yet the surviving Lostverse Survivors and Others are running around dealing with the fallout of the bomb explosion (or possibly non-explosion in that verse) and the Locke-ness Monster's newfound vengeful power. ("LA X")
13. Will Juliet and Sawyer find each other again if it did? Yep, but she died (sniff) trying to tell him "It worked." ("LA X")
14. Will Kate and Jack finally get their act together and find true love?
15. What kind of damage would an explosion from a hydrogen bomb create? Apparently it threw the surviving Survivors into an alternate past, which we're calling the Sideverse. It also sank the island. ("LA X")
16. What's the deal with the four-toed statue, and if it was really a statue of the Egyptian goddess Taweret, why was it built?
17. What happened to Ben's friend Annie?
18. Why does Dr. Pierre Chang use aliases?
19. What's the Smoke Monster, and what's its deal? It appears the Smoke Monster is going to become the Big Bad of the season. The morphing monster seems to be some sort of evil force that can apparently take any form, such as Dead Locke, and possibly posing as Alex, when she told Ben to do whatever Locke says. In fact, we're guessing there's more to come when we find out how much this Big Bad has been messing with everyone since the beginning. And one more thing ... as the Locke-ness Monster tells Ben, he's not a "What." He's a "Who." And we discovered that he "wants to go home." ("LA X") We also discovered that he's trapped on the island, and that he's stuck in the form of John Locke when he's not going Smokey. ("The Substitute") Bad Hair Claire tells Jin, "That's not John. This is my friend." ("Lighthouse") Dogen says it's "evil incarnate." Swords can't kill him, or at least Sayid's sword couldn't kill him. Locke as Smokey took out the Temple in pretty extreme fashion, and then turned into Locke-ness and gathered up his recruits (and Kate). ("Sundown") Apparently he can't go over to the Hydra Island without having Sawyer check it out first. ("Recon")
20. Why does Smokey have a taste for some people and not others?
21. What's up with the ash, and why was it around Jacob's cabin? One of the Others used the ash (which may be something other than ash) to try to protect himself by pouring a circle of the stuff around himself when Smokey went ballistic and smoked the gun-toting Others under the four-toed statue. We also saw the stuff being poured at the Temple when those Others freaked after finding out Jacob was dead (which likely means they knew their protection against Smokey was gone). We're guessing this is going to be important in battling the Big Bad this season, since guns aren't going to work against him. ("LA X") Ilana also collected Jacob's ashes after Locke-ness burned him up in the fire under the four-toed statue. ("The Substitute")
22. Who broke the ash circle around the cabin, and what does that mean? Don't know who, but we're thinking it's bad. ("LA X")
23. Why did the Oceanic Six have to go back? Because some of them were candidates. ("The Substitute")
24. Why did Miles decide to stay on the island?
25. What happened to Claire? Side Claire ended up in a cab being kidnapped by an escaping Kate. ("LA X") However, Kate kicked her out of the cab and then went back for her after she realized Claire was a pregnant mommy and Kate felt guilty stealing her stuff. Then they bonded when Claire discovered that the baby's new adoptive parents were a bust and she began having labor pains. In the Lostverse, Claire saved Jin from two Temple Others who were about to kill him. And man, she looked like she'd been living in the woods since she went missing last season. ("What Kate Does") Claire told Jin she has been living in the woods since she went missing and that she was captured, tortured and branded by the Others. She believes they still have Aaron. She threatened to torture and kill an Other when he wouldn't tell her where her baby was. When Jin told her that Kate had raised Aaron for the last three years, she did kill the Other. Then Jin said he lied to stop her from killing the Other and that Aaron really was being held at the Temple by the Others. It's now appearing Claire was "infected" and "claimed" by Old Smokey (just as the Japanese Dude told Jack she was), since she's calling the Locke-ness Monster her "friend." ("Lighthouse")
26. Why did psychic Richard Malkin insist Claire raise Aaron? We still don't know the answer to this one, but we're thinking that this didn't turn out the way he planned. ("Lighthouse")
27. What's up with Claire's implant?
28. Who is Richard Alpert really, and why doesn't he age? According to the Locke-ness Monster, Richard was in chains at some point, but we still don't know whose prisoner he was. ("LA X") We know he also doesn't trust the Locke-ness Monster, and he believes Old Smokey wants "everyone dead" on the island. ("The Substitute")
29. How or why does the island heal people?
30. What's going on with the pregnancies?
31. What's the deal with Christian?
32. Who are Adam and Eve, the skeletons found in the caves, and why do they have black and white stones on their bodies?
33. Are Hurley's numbers really cursed? When the bomb went off it must have lifted the curse in the Sideverse, considering Hurley says he's "luckiest man alive." No word yet on how cursed Hurley is in the Lostverse. ("LA X") The numbers, which have often appeared throughout the series, also are seen next to the Survivors/candidates names on the roof of Jacob's cave. The Locke-ness Monster told Sawyer that the names were candidates to take over Jacob's job of protecting the island and that Jacob had a thing for numbers. ("The Substitute") The numbers with the names were on a big wheel in the Lighthouse. When the wheel was turned to Jack's number, 23, and name, his childhood house was reflected in the mirrors. So we're thinking the numbers are a kind of locator, or longitude and latitude, of the candidates. ("Lighthouse")
34. Why is Walt special, and why did he appear to other survivors dripping wet?
35. Will Charlie be back? He's back! In the Sideverse, Charlie was saved by Jack after nearly choking to death on the plane. ("LA X")
36. What's up with Libby, and will Hurley and Libby finally connect in the Sideverse?
37. Where does the donkey wheel come from, and how does it work?
38. How did Penelope know to look for a magnetic anomaly?
39. Why is Ben so weird? And is he weird? In the Sideverse he becomes a teacher, a loving parent and a caring son. ("Dr. Linus") In the Lostverse he chooses not to kill Ilana and not to go to the Locke-ness Monster even though he breaks him out of his gravedigging duties. Is Ben really worthy of redemption? ("Recon")
40. Who's on Jacob's list, why does Jacob have a list, and what does it all mean? Some of them are candidates, and the candidates may be job candidates for Jacob's job. ("The Substitute")
41. Why did Jacob diss Ben by not communicating with him while he was leader?
42. What's up with the Temple? Apparently the Temple's waters healed Ben as a child and, as we saw, in the Lostverse it saved Sayid, who came back to life at the end of "LA X" even though they'd turned dark. There are also a gaggle of Others living there who are freaked out by the news that Jacob is dead and started fortifying the Temple. ("LA X") And perhaps Sayid was actually saved by the dark side now that he's "infected" and "claimed," according to Japanese Dude Dogen. ("What Kate Did") Ghost Jacob tells Hurley that he had to get them (Jack and Hurley) away from the Temple because "Someone's coming there. Someone bad." ("Lighthouse") Well, the Temple Others are toast. Dogen and Lennon are dead, and old Smokey rocked the rest of the faithful. However, did Locke-ness look like he was taking his recruits away from the Temple? ("Sundown")
43. Why does Ben say that the Temple is for Others only?
44. Does the Monster have a connection with the Temple? Yes, considering everyone's reaction at the Temple when they learn that Jacob is dead. ("LA X")
45. Was the ship that Jacob and the Man In Black see sailing in "The Incident" the Black Rock?
46. How did the ship end up in the middle of the jungle, and what happened to the crew?
47. Why is the ship's log important to Charles Widmore, and what are his plans for the island?
48. Who built the Lamp Post, and how did Eloise become the caretaker of the station?
49. Does Widmore know about it?
50. What's up with Charles Widmore, anyway? And better yet, what's up with his submarine? Does he really think Sawyer will bring back the MiB to be trapped? What is his real dead? ("Recon")
51. What happened to the people the Others kidnapped? Apparently some of them became Others as well, like the former flight attendant Cindy. ("LA X" and past episodes)
52. What's up with the whispers?
53. Why did Jacob go touch each of the survivors during their lives? According to Richard Alpert, being touched by Jacob was a gift/curse that in his case gave him a very long life without aging. Now that Jacob is dead, he doesn't seem happy about the deal anymore. ("Dr. Linus")
54. Why were these survivors chosen? The Locke-ness Monster tells Sawyer that each of them was chosen by Jacob to be a candidate to take over his job of protecting the island and their lives were manipulated so that they'd end up on the island. ("The Substitute")
55. Why didn't Jacob try to protect himself when Ben stabbed him? The Locke-ness Monster told Ben that Jacob knew he was beaten, but we think there's more to it than that. ("LA X") Miles told Ben that Jacob didn't protect himself because he was hoping Ben would change his mind at the last moment. ("Dr. Linus")
56. What is Ilana's connection to Jacob, and what favor did he ask of her?
57. Why did she order the cabin to be burned, and how much does she really know about the island?
58. What is Frank a candidate for? According to the Locke-ness Monster, candidates have the potential to become the next Jacob. However, if Frank is a candidate, why isn't his name on the cave ceiling with a cursed number by it? ("The Substitute")
59. Why did the supply drops continued after the Purge, and how did they find the island?
60. Who is Henry Gale really, and who buried him?
61. Why isn't the island done with Desmond yet?
62. Who did the glass eye belong to, and why was it left in the Arrow?
63. What's up with the trouble between Eloise Hawking and Charles Widmore?
64. How did the feud start between Ben and Widmore?
65. What are the Rules? They involve not killing "him," which may or may not be Sawyer, according to the mysterious boy that the Locke-ness Monster sees. ("The Substitute")
66. Are Jacob and the MiB's Rules different from Ben and Whitmore's Rules?
67. Why did Ben strangle Locke when he mentioned Eloise Hawking? We still don't know why, but Ben admited he regretted murdering Locke at his grave. ("The Substitute")
68. When Jacob says "They're coming," just before he dies, who are the "they"?
69. What's up with the guitar case Jacob gave Hurley? It had a large wooden ankh in it that Japanese Dude Dogen broke open to reveal a paper that apparently contains the names of the Survivors, which kept the Temple Others from shooting them. ("LA X")
70. What's up with the dog?
71. When Jacob and the MiB were talking on the beach, what did Jacob mean by "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that ... is just progress"?
72. Why does Richard Alpert use eyeliner? According to a comment by rn_damia, "He has naturally very dark and thick eyelashes, and they actually use 'lightliner' to de-emphasize them." ("Lost, Season 5 Extras")
74. Why didn't Sun and the others travel back in time with Kate, Jack, Sayid and Hurley?
75. How did Ben get back on the island when Widmore couldn't?
76. Will Sun and Jin ever get a chance to live happily ever after?
77. Will any of the survivors get a chance to live happily ever after?
78. Will the Smoke Monster get a chance to live happily ever after? We hope not. ("LA X")
79. Will we be satisfied with the way Lost ends?
80. Now that everyone is in the same time, are there two alternate universes? Yes, but we're also in different times as well, since the Sideverse is taking place in the past and the Lostverse appears to be taking place 2007ish. ("LA X," "What Kate Does")
81. How did the Sideverse island end up under water? According to the Feb. 15 TV Guide, executive producer Damon Lindelof confirmed, "It was a result of the explosion," and that the island sank in 1977. Also, we'll find out more island goodies in a Richard-centric episode on March 23. (TV Guide, Feb. 15)
82. What happened with the explosion, and how did Jack's group get blown into the present day, but after the hatch exploded?
83. When Miles does his psychic thing in the Lostverse and tells Sawyer that Dead Juliet was trying to tell him "It worked," how did she know it worked?
84. In the Sideverse, why did things change on Flight 815 for some of the passengers, like Hurley being lucky instead of cursed?
85. Why was Desmond on the flight, and where did he vanish to?
86. Why did Charlie "plan" to die?
87. When it comes to the Sideverse, what's up with the bag full of money Jin is trying to sneak into the country? Better yet, does it have something to do with why Jin was left tied up in a meat locker by mob guys? ("Sundown")
88. Why did the Temple Others freak when they learn Jacob was dead? It's looking like they had a good reason to freak now that most of them are dead, including Dogen, Lennon and many of the Temple Others. So, undoubtedly, Alive Jacob added protection to the Temple. Dead Jacob left them vulnerable and not handling things very well. ("Sundown")
89. Are the Locke-ness Monster and his Smoke Monster alter-ego badass, or what? We'll just say a big "yes" to that one. ("LA X") And an even bigger yes, considering how easily it took out the Temple personnel. ("Sundown")
90. Why does Ghost Jacob want Hurley to save Sayid? And is it Ghost Jacob, or perhaps the Trickster Smoke Monster? ("What Kate Does")
91. Where's Jack's dad's coffin in the Sideverse?
92. Will Side Jack be able to fix Locke's spine so he can walk again?
93. Will Side Kate escape? She escapes for now, but ends up helping a pregnant Claire. ("What Kate Does") It looks like cop Ford/Sawyer caught her after she smashed into his car. ("Recon")
94. Will Claire have her baby in L.A., and will she give him up for adoption?
95. The Locke-ness Monster tells Ben, "I'm not a What. I'm a Who." Who is he? Someone who is trapped. ("The Substitute")
96. Where is the "home" the Locke-ness Monster wants to go to?
97. What did the Locke-ness Monster mean when he told Richard Alpert it was good to see him out of "those chains"?
98. Why did the Locke-ness Monster knock out Richard Alpert and kidnap him? Locke-ness wanted to try to convince Richard to go with him, promising to "tell him everything." Richard refused to go with him. ("The Substitute")
99. Why was the Locke-ness Monster "disappointed" in everyone on the beach?
100. How was Sayid resurrected after even the Others thought he was dead, and what does that mean for him? Well, Sayid told Hurley he wasn't a zombie. Beyond that, we know his wound is almost healed and the Temple Others "tested" (as in tortured) him to find out if he was infected and claimed (just as Jack's sister, Claire, was). Do we have that all cleared up now? ("What Kate Does")
101. Why do the Temple Others have to torture Sayid to "diagnose" him, and why do they think he's been "infected" and "claimed"? Dogen told Sayid the machine he was strapped to could detect how much good and evil was in him, and in Sayid's case the evil was winning. ("Sundown")
102. Did the Smoke Monster infect Sayid when he was shot, kind of like an Evil Dead sort of thing?
103. Does this mean that the Man In Black actually orchestrated Sayid's "infected" resurrection by posing as Jacob and asking Hurley to take Sayid to the Temple save his life?
104. Why do the Temple Others agree to let Kate and Jin go after Sawyer and insist "it's very important he get back safely"? Why do they care? Well, know we know that he's a candidate to take over Jacob's job (of protecting the island or keeping the MiB from escaping), which may be why those damn Jacob lists are so important. ("The Substitute")
105. And what's the significance of the Ajira plane, and why are the Temple Others being so secretive about it? Since it's on the Hydra Island, why does Widmore care about it, since he already has a submarine? ("Recon")
106. Why does Sayid have to take the poison pill willingly from Jack, rather than the Temple Others just shooting him dead?
107. If Sayid is "claimed" and the infection reaches his heart, does that mean he'll go all Exorcist on us?
108. Will Losties Kate and Claire hook up so that Kate can take her "back to Aaron"? They hook up, but we're thinking a trip off the island to get Claire back to Aaron won't come anytime soon. ("Sundown") And Claire clearly harbors animosity toward Kate. ("Recon")
109. In the Sideverse, does it mean anything that Lostverse dead folks such as Arzt and Ethan keep popping up, or are the Lost producers just messing with our minds? Apparently they are messing with us, cause Locke's girlfriend Helen is back, Rose is cancer-ridden, and Ben is an annoying teacher. ("The Substitute")
110. Where will Side Kate head next? Maybe jail, thanks to Ford/Sawyer. ("Recon")
111. What does Japanese Dude Dogen mean when he tells Jack that being claimed and going evil "happened to your sister"? We presume he's referring to Claire, who disappeared but shows up briefly at the end of the episode "What Kate Does" wielding a rifle and looking badass. ("What Kate Does") Whether or not she's evil, Claire certainly has gone jungle wacky and she's in cahoots with the Locke-ness Monster. She knows he's not John, but she calls him her "friend". ("Lighthouse")
112. What happened to Lostie Claire while she was missing, and how did she end up looking so Rousseau-esque? Well, Bad Hair Claire has definitely gone "Rousseau" on us. She saved Jin, captured an Other and demanded to know where her son was. Then she killed the Other when Jin told her Kate had raised him. Now that Jin told her he lied about Kate and that the Others have Aaron, she's ready to go to the Temple to get him. ("Lighthouse")
113. Did the Smoke Monster do that to her hair? Well, they are best buds now, so we're thinking... yes. ("Lighthouse")
114. Why does the Locke-ness Monster try to get Richard Alpert to go with him?
115. Why does Ilana think the Locke-ness Monster is recruiting, and what's he recruting for? To leave the island. But why he needs them, that's another question. ("Recon")
116. The Locke-ness Monster asks Sawyer, "Why are you on this island?" Why is he? He's a candidate choosen by Jacob and manipulated to end up on the island, at least according to Locke-ness. ("The Substitute")
117. Who is the kid Locke-ness sees? Why can Sawyer see him, but Richard Alpert can't?
118. Why does the Jacob-esque kid remind the Locke-ness Monster he can't kill Sawyer because of "the rules"?
119. In what way is Locke-ness trapped and how did he go from being a man to whatever the heck he is now?
120. Why is the Man In Black "stuck" in the form of John Locke when he's not Smokey, according to Ilana? How does she know that? And how does she know where the Temple secret passage is? ("Sundown")
121. In Jacob's lair, why are the mysterious numbers next to the survivor's names on cave roof? Why isn't Kate's or Frank's name there?
122. Why did Jacob choose these people as candidates to take over his island-protecting (or Smokey jailing) job?
123. What is Jacob trying to protect the island from? Is it "just a damn island," as Locke-ness says?
124. Why does the Locke-ness Monster need to get Sawyer to go with him to get off the island?
125. Will Sideverse Locke ever connect with Jack for that spinal consult?
126. If Locke is on good terms with his father, considering Helen's remark about him being at their wedding, how did John end up in a wheelchair?
127. Will Sayid go the way of psycho Bad Hair Claire? Oh, yes. Thanks to Locke-ness, Sayid has definitely gone the way of Claire. ("Sundown")
128. Is someone really trying to find the island, or is Jacob just telling Hurley that? Widmore perhaps? ("Dr. Linus")
129. Could the skeleton's Adam and Eve really be Jack and Hurley after they time-traveled back to dinosaur times?
130. Does Jacob ask Hurley to turn the lighthouse wheel to number 108 because that's what the mystery numbers add up to?
131. If the Numbers are actually a locator for tagging candidates, why do those numbers pop up so many other places?
132. According to Jacob, Jack has "what it takes," he's "important," and he's on the island "to do something," but what does that really all mean?
133. When Jacob tells Hurley "it's too late" to warn the Others that "someone bad" is coming to the Temple, why is it too late, and who's coming? Claire, Sayid and the Locke-ness Monster. And yes, it was too late, but why didn't Jacob save Dogen? ("Sundown")
134. Is it just more Messing With Our Heads Sideverse when Jack sees his appendix scar (which was removed on the island in the Lostverse), and his mom tells him he had it removed when he was 7? And what about his Side son, David?
135. Who is David's mother, and why isn't she with Jack anymore?
136. In the Lostverse, is Claire evil now that she's hanging with her BFF the Locke-ness Monster? Yes. Maybe she's even evil incarnate. ("Sundown")
137. What will happen when Claire and Kate finally meet up? Kate told Clarie she'd raised Aaron after Claire went missing. Smokey attacked the Temple and the women ended up hiding in the same hole to avoid his wrath. At the end, Claire, Sayid and Kate (along with some Others) followed Locke-ness's lead. ("Sundown") First Claire tried to kill her, and then she hugged her. ("Recon")
138. What promise did the Locke-ness Monster made to Claire to get her to go in to the Temple and give them his message?
139. Will Locke-ness reunite Sayid with Nadia?
140. Why didn't Dogen kill Sayid during their big fight scene when he had the better of him?
141. Why didn't Jacob protect Dogen as he did Hurley and Jack if it meant saving the Temple from Smokey?
142. What trouble has Side-Jin gotten himself into?
143. Will Side-Sayid and Nadia end up together?
144. Why does Smokey/Locke-ness need recruits to leave the island?
145. Where were Sawyer and Jin while the Temple attack was going on? Claire's joint. ("Recon")
What Lost questions, answers, and theories do you have?