Uh-ho! Looks like our favorite space smuggler and pilot Han Solo will be out of commission for a little while longer than we'd first expected.
Just last week, we brought you the news that Harrison Ford had injured his ankle (which now is said to be broken) while filming on the set of director J.J. Abrams's Star Wars: Episode VII when the door of the Millennium Falcon fell on him and he was sent to hospital. Ouch! And oh, the irony.
Now The Mirror claims that the Star Wars bosses expect Ford to be out of filming commission for up to eight weeks and that the filming schedules will have to be re-arranged.
A movie source said:
“The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule.
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK.”
Furthermore, a Star Wars spokesman said they were “hoping to announce some good news soon.”
Well, here’s us crossing our fingers for a prompt and speedy recovery, as well as for that bit of good news! Hopefully, it's nothing more serious than a broken ankle.
Star Wars: Episode VII will hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
(via The Mirror)