San Diego Comic Con 2015 will be remembered for many things: The much-needed Star Wars: The Force Awakens fan service, Bill Murray’s timely arrival, VR fever, the initiation of the DC film universe. Want to relive all the glory? Here is Blastr's complete coverage. Nostalgia is great!
But nothing stands out as much as the cosplay. With SDCC 2016 just around the corner, what cosplays are we looking forward to seeing the most:
1. Warcraft: With a release slated for June 2016, Warcraft cosplay is going to get elaborate in San Diego. We’re bound to see some amazing Worgens, Draenei, Gnomes, Orcs and Taurens.
2. Suicide Squad: The Harley Quinns were already out in full force for 2015, and there are only going to be more of them for 2016. Will we reach a saturation point, or will the other members of the Squad be able to compete with Ms. Quinzel's admirers?
3. Deadpool: Deadpool always makes a big splash at the Cons. It’s that whole self-referential thing. But now that Ryan Reynolds has completely abandoned the green spandex in favor of more R-rated attire, you can bet that the con pool will be filled with Wade Wilson. We just can’t wait for the gifs that will inevitably pour out of the con in the aftermath.
4. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Who knows how big this Jane Austen remix will be in theaters, but there’s something magical about hoity-toity Victorian garb all zombified. Plus if we see another Walking Dead zombie cosplay we might zombify ourselves.
5. Doctor Strange: This is bound to be a big one, and we’re sure that the Cumberbitches will be out in full force for some gender-bending cosplay action.
6. Zoolander: One look?! One look?! It’s been 15 years, but that hasn’t stopped everyone and their moms from quoting the original film nonstop. The return of Hansel and Derek is nigh, and Comic Con will be on the receiving end.
7. Gambit: This one is completely dependent on whether this film ever digs itself out of development hell, but SDCC should use some sweet cajun flair. Calling it now, Tatum shows up in rogue cosplay, giving every '90s kid a nerd seizure.
8. Attack on Titan: There’s no limit to how big people could go with this one.
9. Boku no Hero Academia: Maybe not as big as Attack on Titan, but Hero Acadmenia is a shounen manga with some sweet costumes for its characters. We need All Might hair in our lives.
10. Belters: The Expanse will be fresh in people’s minds, and the Belters are one of the most subtle yet creepy cosplays that can be done. Are you a naturally bone-skinny, 7-foot-6-inch cosplayer? Your moment has finally arrived.