With the year winding down, YouTube has revealed the top 10 trailers watched on the video service for 2012. So where did all your favorites rank?
Not too surprisingly, The Dark Knight Rises took the top spot among films, coming in at third overall. Shockingly, the top two spots didn't go to any movies at all—instead wrapped up by the videogame trailers for the eagerly anticipated game Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (additional trailers for the game also ranked 8th and 10th).
The trailer for The Hunger Games clocked in at No. 6, and the trailer for NBC's hit series Revolution was the only TV show to make the list, at No. 7.
The biggest surprise? Marvel's granddaddy of the box office, The Avengers, was nowhere to be seen among the Top 10. Perhaps there were just too many trailers out there, splitting up the hits? Who knows?
The full ranking included:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - "Surprise" Live-Action Trailer
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Reveal Trailer
3. The Dark Knight Rises - Official Trailer #3
4. Skyfall - Official Trailer
5. Ted - Trailer
6. The Hunger Games - Theatrical Trailer #2
7. Revolution - Trailer
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
9. Skyfall - Official Teaser Trailer
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Launch Trailer
Check out that top Dark Knight Rises trailer below:
What do you think of the list? Anything here surprise you?