The Best of 2015: Top 10 Face Off Looks of All Time (So Far)
As Face Off celebrated its 100th (!) episode during Season 9, we thought a way to pay proper homage to everyone's favorite special effects makeup competition series was to post the Top 10 Looks from almost nine seasons' worth of Spotlight Challenges.
As choosing ten from literally hundreds of makeups was a daunting task in and of itself, these are ranked from most to least recent season, with a special shout-out to our runner-up displayed above: Kelly's Clive Barker-esque creation from Season 8, Episode 8: "Dressed to Kill."
Take a Look, why don'tcha?
- Darla's porcelain doll; Season 8, Episode 12: "Deadly Dolls"
Dear lord, this damn thing. It's still giving us nightmares.
- Kelly & Stephanie's clockwork wife; Season 8, Episode 5: "Sounding Off"
A truly lovely creation. She looked like a wind-up toy come to life ... and was inspired solely by the sound of a ticking clock!
- Dina's Aphrodite; Season 7, Episode 11: "Off With Their Heads"
The best work of Season 7's champion was this aquatic take on the Greek goddess ... one who carries a severed head around with her. Hot.
- Dina & Stella's flying monkey; Season 7, Episode 6: "Wizard of Wonderland"
The flying monkeys of The Wizard of Oz are terrifying enough, but this Alice in Wonderland-inspired remix is truly, deeply disturbing. Shudder.
- Rashaad's Whangdoodle; Season 6, Episode 10: "What a Dahl"
Our favorite work of Season 6's champion was his astonishing interpretation of a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory character that's only mentioned and never seen ... until now!
- Laura's Cubism creature; Season 5, Episode 7: "Living Art"
Season 5's champion took a completely obscure concept -- create a character inspired by a particular art movement -- and made, well, a work of art. Breathtaking.
- Anthony's bioluminescent creature; Season 4, Episode 8: "It's Better In the Dark"
If you're a fan of the Season 4 champion's oft-celebrated creation, wait'll you see what it looks like with the lights turned off ...
- Nicole's princess from another planet; Season 3, Episode 9: "Junkyard Cyborg"
Nicole was eliminated from Season 3 after Episode 4, though she scored a second chance after winning the Foundation Challenge of Episode 7; she came back with a vengeance and ended up winning the season. This character best represents that ass-kicking victory.
- Matt & Tara's water creature; Season 2, Episode 2: "Water World"
Rayce may be the champion of Season 2, but our favorite look of the season came from Matt & Tara. Here's what it looks like on dry land ...
... and here's what it looks like underwater. Stunning work.
- Conor's rave zombie; Season 1, Episode 6: "The Dancing Dead"
This is our favorite work of the Season 1 champion. We'd go out dancing with this thing ... all night!
Happy 100th Episode, Face Off! Here's to at least 100 more.
All month long we are counting down the best of 2015. If you are so inclined, the complete list is here.