Sinister: 5 Things to Know
Sinister (2012) - Airs Monday, October 4 at 5:30pm EST
In case you haven’t seen Sinister yet, we won’t spoil the ending (HINT: people die). On a lighter note, here’s five Sinister related fun facts you need to know.
1. Ethan Hawke was born in 1970, a mere five years after the Super 8mm film format was introduced to the world by Kodak.
2. Though Bughuul looked to be about 300 in undead years, stuntman Nicholas King, was only 23 when he played the role.
3. What’s in a name? We’ll tell you. In Sinister, Bughuul was also credited as “Mr. Boogie” as in “The Boogeyman”, AKA the figure that childhood nightmares are made of. In Spain he’s known as El Coco, in Romania it’s Babau and to Germans he’s Butzemann. The gist is that The Boogeyman is terrifying throughout the world.
4. Did you know that Ethan Hawke plays a writer in real life? He’s written four books: The Hottest State, Ash Wednesday, Rules for a Knight and Indeh: A Story of the Apache Wars.
5. Sometimes it’s good to have bad dreams. Sinister sceenwriter, C. Robert Cargill got the inspiration for the script from a nightmare he had after watching The Ring. Sleep tight!