11 Shows Coming to Syfy This Year
Friday, April 7, 2017 - 16:39
2017 has only just begun and there is already so much good stuff brewing on the horizon that we couldn't help but feel the need to share it. There are some tasty morsels of Syfy goodness lurking below, but think of it as a television amuse bouche; there's more to come!
- 12 Monkeys Season 3: Returns May 19
The beginning of the end, the end of the beginning. Whatever way you want to look at it, it all begins May 19 with all 10 episodes of Season 3 airing over the course of 3 days. We don't want to spoil too much, but major questions that have been building over the last two seasons WILL be answered. And the good news is, they'll now be revealed over the course of one weekend as all of Season 3 plays out.
- Dark Matter Season 3: Returns June 9 at 8/7c
Season 3 will premeire with 2 episodes back-to-back! The trials and tribulations of the Raza crew continue. Is Nyx dead? Will Four ever rejoin the gang? Will the Android wear her hair down again? You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll meet new faces.
- Wynonna Earp Season 2: Returns June 9 at 10/9c
Here's a fun game to play while waiting for June 9. Say the word "Wynonna" over and over again and wait until it stops having meaning. Psych! Wynonna is everything and it always has meaning. This season, expect more details on why Dolls hulks out, figure out what happened to Waverely that turned her eyes back in the cliffhanger and get ready for the return of old villains alongside new ones. Also, lots and lots of Nicole and Waverly. Also watch this video because it will change your life.
- Face Off Season 12: Returns June 13 at 9/8c
The award-winning competition series Face Off features innovative artists competing for a grand prize and top honor of being Hollywood's next great special effects make-up artist. McKenzie Westmore will be back to host because obvs.
- Blood Drive: Premieres June 14 at 10/9c
Whatever you’ve done, whatever you’ve seen, we guarantee that you’ve never seen anything like Blood Drive. In the dystopian future of 1999, Arthur Bailey is the last good cop among a horde of corrupt officials, living in a desolate and destroyed downtown Los Angeles. He’s about to get caught up in a race where the cars run on human blood and the last participant to arrive at each checkpoint has their head explode. Sex robots, insane asylums, amazons, cross-generational S&M homosexual relationships, homicidal twins and a teacup poodle. If you’re a fan of Grindhouse, Sexploitation, and Ridiculous Insane Action, Lube up!
- Killjoys Season 3: Returns June 30 at 8/7c
Johnny's on the run for murder and Dutch's evil twin thing Aneela is on the loose. Throw in some new members to the Killjoys team and you've got another season of butt-kickin-while-looking-good-in-leather.
- Live From Comic-Con: July 20 - July 22 at 11/10c
For the second year in a row, we're telecasting live from the heart of San Diego Comic-Con. Bringing the hottest party of the summer to the fans, with direct access to the biggest stars, breaking news, insider party coverage, exclusive content and sneak peeks of the most anticipated films and TV series, each night will bring you the news you need to know from the ‘Con.
- Sharknado 5: Premieres August 6 at 8/7c
5th time's a charm? This time, with North America still reeling from the last disaster, the rest of the world braces for a global sharknado. Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and his family must put a stop to the phenomenon before Earth is obliterated. So, basically prepare yourself for more sharks and more 'nados and more epic viewing parties.
- Van Helsing Season 2: Returns Later This Year
Helsing. LaBute. Overton. Heyerdahl. Scarfe. No it's not the return of a Swedish boyband, although with last names like that you could have fooled us. Later this year, the vampire apocalypse is back in full force. Seems everyone is now a vampire or wants to be. After finding her daughter, Vanessa is shocked to see she's a bloodsucker. Can she turn her back? Axel's a vampire, but does that mean he's all bad? Doc still wants to be a vampire, but can she? Sam's a vampire AND a psycho which is, honestly, just not a great combo.
- Channel Zero: No-End House: Coming This FallThe Channel Zero anthology series continues with a new story. Inspired by Brian Russell’s Creepypasta tale, Channel Zero: No-End House tells the story of a young woman named Margot Sleator (Amy Forsyth), who visits the No-End House, a bizarre domicile of horrors that consists of a series of increasingly disturbing rooms. When she returns home, Margot realizes everything has changed. Imagine the creepiest haunted house you've ever been to (not your friend's grandma's house that smells like moldy soup. The other one) Well, this is even scarier. Like way scarier.
- Z Nation Season 4: Coming Later This Year
Z's may bite, but when Season 4 premieres, you'll see that our team, bites harder!