It feels like just yesterday that Marvel’s Black Panther hit theaters and broke all kinds of records. For some of us, it was just yesterday since we saw Black Panther and Wakanda in Avengers: Infinity War. Finally, the highly anticipated DVD/Blu-ray is on its way with some behind-the-scenes features and subtle revelations that didn’t make the final cut.
USA Today tweeted a heated deleted scene between the fierce Okoye, play,ed by Danai Gurira and Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya as W’Kabi that followed T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) and Killmonger's (Michael B. Jordan) epic confrontation. Despite being very proud of the work they did, Black Panther director Ryan Coogler saved it for the deleted scenes. The argument was meant to inform the audience that Okoye and W’Kabi are husband and wife. “It didn’t work in the film, but I’m really excited for folks to see it anyway,” Coogler said prefacing the clip.
Here are the different kinds of bonus material you can expect to see. But keep in mind that some of the features may vary by depending on the retailer:
- Director’s Intro
- From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion - Delve into the film’s making
- Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
- The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
- The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
- Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Exclusive Sneak Peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
- Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
- Director’s Commentary
- In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
- Come to Wakanda “Before”
- Come to Wakanda “After”
Black Panther will hit the Video On Demand market on May 5, while the DVD and Blu-ray arrive on May 8.