Can you believe it? The first full trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp is already out in the world. It's a breezy minute and a half that does more to excite than reveal, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to say. Far from it.
In fact, we're going to take this ant-sized trailer and giant-ize it to 15 screen shots and our thoughts. Ready?
1. Scott is getting fitted with an ankle monitor, presumably under house arrest after his involvement in Civil War. That looks like some weirdly low-tech USB 1.0 gear for the FBI, but it probably wasn't meant to last long anyway.
2. What is happening here? It feels disconnected from Scott's speech about getting the people he loves in trouble. Could this be in reaction to something involving OG Wasp Janet Van Dyne, played by Michelle Pfeiffer? Or related to our (probably) villain, Ghost?
3. Okay, but bigger than Hope and Hank under siege by the FBI, and bigger than Hank turning his whole building into luggage, it looks like that ankle monitor doesn't last on Scott for long. Presumably Hank and/or Hope bring Scott out of his house arrest unwillingly to take him on the run, since he's the reason they are on the run in the first place.
4. Okay, but that ship, though. Where y'all going? Outer space? Oh ... inner space?
5. Our first glimpse of Ghost and, more importantly, her ability to become invisible/incorporeal. Can't get up to anti-corporate espionage without being invisible and/or unable to be touched!
6. Does anyone else think, in this shot, Laurence Fishburne is also thinking, "How am I in literally everything?" just like the rest of us? Okay, but also this is our first look at Bill Foster sans his Goliath costume.
7. In case there was any doubt, yes, Giant Man will be back and bigger than ever. Also, is he getting big by a boat? Man, Scott, did you not see Spider-Man: Homecoming? That's dangerous!
8. And here is our first look at Ghost's mask. She look real good.
9. Okay, but this is Luis' ride, right? Because it is literally fire.
10. Yup. Car. Luis. Luis. Car. That checks out.
11. It's a love story, kids. Not sure this is the moment of first-kiss-itude, but it might be?
12. We going subatomic again? Hopefully that's safer when you're in a tiny ship?
13. I don't have anything to say really other than, oh hell yeah.
14. Anyway, here's the Wasp running along a knife with her wings out, NBD.
15. I know Paul Rudd said that Ant-Man is the Deadpool of the MCU, but this is ridiculous.
And that's what we saw, and what we dug. How about you? What caught your eye? Here's the full trailer again in case you need a refresher.