Aside from some brief trailers, we haven’t seen much of what Zack Snyder has in store for Man of Steel. But luckily for all of us, someone has.
A tipster over at JoBlo has reportedly seen a finished cut of the Superman tale, and claims it could be one of the best films of the year. The source compares the writing and composition to Christopher Nolan’s acclaimed Dark Knight trilogy, but with a good dose of Snyder’s patented effects work thrown in.
Sounds pretty cool, right?
He also says the film doesn’t really gel with what’s been shown in the trailers, as the studio has held the cooler scenes back for the actual movie. The finished product is also apparently less “dour” than the initial trailers would have us believe.
Their tipster was kind enough to share some spoiler-free bullet points about the cut:
- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It's the best movie of the year.
- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.
Does this get you even more excited for Man of Steel? Will Superman’s rebirth live up to the hype?