Edgar Wright has been working on Ant-Man since Phase 1 of Marvel’s master plan — back when Iron Man still looked like a risky bet — but we finally have some news.
You know the script Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) and Joe Cornish (Attack the Block) have been tinkering with for, like, years? It’s finally done, meaning Ant-Man might actually hit its Phase III slot within the next few years.
Wright most recently delayed production on Ant-Man to make The World’s End with pals Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but said it’s probably for the best that Ant-Man stayed on hold a little longer to give them more time to figure out the FX style for bringing the character to life.
He told Digital Spy:
“The script is all done, actually. I actually put Ant-man on the back burner to make this film ... they were actually really good, so far as ‘Okay, we’ll see you in two years.’ That character’s been around since 1962, so he’s not going anywhere. And the later we leave it, the better the special effects will be.”
As it stands, Ant-Man is tentatively set to premiere Nov. 6, 2015, making it the debut Phase III film after Avengers 2 earlier that year. Do you think Ant-Man can be Marvel’s next big hit?
(Via Digital Spy)