Fans of George Lucas' galaxy far, far away understandably lost their minds when Lucasfilm, freshly purchased by Disney, announced that it was working on a seventh Star Wars movie with J.J. Abrams as its director.
One of those fans was Evangeline Lilly, who had worked with Abrams on ABC's Lost, and while she'd never used her connection to Abrams to ask for anything, the thought of being in a Star Wars film was too enticing to resist. Sadly, her request was in vain, as this was shortly after the movie was announced and no casting had been locked down.
"When J.J. announced that he was gonna do his first Star Wars film, I reached out to his producing partner for the first time ever since Lost ended," Lilly said at Fan Expo Boston, writes CNET. "I never requested anything ever before, and I said, 'I wanna be Leia! Make me Leia!'"
Obviously, The Force Awakens turned out to be a sequel to Return of the Jedi, allowing Carrie Fisher to return as General Organa, alongside Harrison Ford (Han Solo) and Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker).
While she didn't get to be Leia, Abrams and Lilly recently made headlines together, after the actress revealed that she was coerced into doing a partially nude scene for Lost. Abrams and the show's other producers released a statement, apologizing to the actress and affirming that no one, not even those in Hollywood, should feel uncomfortable in the workplace.
The next Star Wars film, Episode IX, is currently being directed by Abrams and will close out the new trilogy when it hits theaters on Dec. 20, 2019.