Disney has announced that its Disney Cruise Line will introduce a "Star Wars Day" into their vacation packages starting in 2016. According to StarWars.com, the "Star Wars Day at Sea" will take place on Disney Fantasy cruises that start on Jan. 9, Jan. 23, Feb. 6, Feb. 20, March 5th, March 19, April 2 and April 16.
All the cruises depart from Port Canaveral, Fla., and will visit Cozumel, Mexico, the Cayman Islands and Castaway Cay, a private island in the Bahamas owned by the Mouse House itself.
What does the "Star Wars Day at Sea" entail? Here's a list of features:
- Character meet and greets with Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett and others
- The Jedi Training Academy
- Star Wars trivia games
- Arts and crafts for kids
- Night clubs decked out as the Mos Eisley cantina with music, characters, cocktails and more
- Screenings of the first six films
- Screenings of episodes of Star Wars Rebels
In addition, each cruise will have Star Wars celebrities on board for Q&A and autograph sessions, along with a nightly deck party including fireworks, Star Wars music, guest character appearances and more.
A promotional video can be seen below. For more info, including booking, go to the Disney Cruise official site. It may not be a trip from one side of the galaxy to the other aboard the Millennium Falcon, but does this sound like your kind of boat ride?