Every month, SYFY WIRE will be bringing you the solicitations for all the upcoming comic books you need to know about. Today we have Image Comics’ listings for November 2017 trade paperbacks and hardcover collections.
Some of our genre Image TPB and HC picks of November include:
• Descender Deluxe Edition, Volume 1 Hardcover: This is consistently a SYFY WIRE staff favorite through its first two years, and now you can get this oversized 400-page edition that collects the first 16 issues. So whether you've missed out or you just want the definitive hardcover edition, your chance will finally arrive.
• The Ghost Fleet: The Whole Goddamned Thing TP: This collects the eight-issue miniseries that is created by the all-star team of Donny Cates (Redneck, God Country) and Daniel Warren Johnson (Extremity, Space Mullet), whose art many readers are beginning to notice. Johnson's art is on fire and readers are hungry to devour his back catalog of work, including this crazy story about an elite secret operations trucking service.
• I Hate Fairyland, Book One: Like the Descender hardcover above, I Hate Fairyland gets a similar treatment, collecting the first 10 issues with a bunch of extra material. Skottie Young (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) is at the top of his game in this ridiculous and funny and, yes, very violent series.
Check out all these listings and more below, and then let us know in the comments what comics are making it onto your pull list! Also be sure to check out the Image single-issue solicitations for November.
(Source: Previews Catalog)
BUTCHER BAKER, THE RIGHTEOUS MAKER TP
- STORY: JOE CASEY
- ART / COVER: MIKE HUDDLESTON
- NOVEMBER 15 / 248 PAGES / FC / M / $17.99
- THE SUPERHEROIC PERVERSION OF THE NEW CENTURY—NOW IN CONVENIENT SOFTCOVER FORMAT! Butcher Baker was the preeminent all-American superhero. Now he’s…getting laid. A lot. But one last mission could signal his return to glory, and now he’s back on the blacktop! It’s a balls-out, pimp-slappin’, surreal super-epic from the twisted minds of CASEY and HUDDLESTON! LOADED WITH BACKMATTER MATERIAL!
- Collects BUTCHER BAKER, THE RIGHTEOUS MAKER #1-8
- “CASEY and HUDDLESTON make this comic like it’s a cancer they must excise, or a life they must birth. Or both.”—Comic Book Resources
- “…what you’re reading is going to blow your f*cking socks off your feet, whereupon they will walk down to the store and steal you a couple bottles of Jäger before returning home with a hot piece of ass in tow.”—The Comics Journal
- “…the only superhero comic that ends with its protagonist sporting a raging boner.”—Comics Bulletin
DESCENDER DELUXE EDITION, VOL. 1 HC
- STORY: JEFF LEMIRE
- ART / COVER: DUSTIN NGUYEN
- DECEMBER 6 / 400 PAGES / FC / T / $49.99
- ADVANCE SOLICIT
- Deluxe Hardcover format: 7.25″ x 10.875”
- “Your new sci-fi obsession is here, and its name is DESCENDER…”— Entertainment Weekly
- Young Robot boy Tim-21 and his companions struggle to stay alive in a universe where all androids have been outlawed and bounty hunters lurk on every planet.
- Written by award-winning creator, JEFF LEMIRE, DESCENDER is a rip-roaring and heartfelt cosmic odyssey. LEMIRE pits humanity against machine, and world against world, to create a sprawling epic.
- Collects DESCENDER #1-16
THE DOOMSTER’S MONOLITHIC POCKET ALPHABET HC
- STORY: THEO PRASIDIS
- ART / COVER: MAARTEN DONDERS
- NOVEMBER 8 / 64 PAGES / FC / M / $12.99
- Bongs, goats, amps, and a lot of naked nuns! In five decades of wretched existence, doom metal has evolved into a vast orchard of unearthly delights. Explore its unholy rites with THE DOOMSTER’S MONOLITHIC POCKET ALPHABET, the definitive illustrated lexicon of all things doom. Or be doomed!
ETERNAL EMPIRE, VOL. 1 TP
- STORY: SARAH VAUGHN & JONATHAN LUNA
- ART / COVER: JONATHAN LUNA
- NOVEMBER 22 / 136 PAGES / FC / T+ / $16.99
- JONATHAN LUNA (ALEX + ADA, THE SWORD, Spider-Woman: Origin) and SARAH VAUGHN (ALEX + ADA, Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love, Ruined) team up again with ETERNAL EMPIRE, a fantasy epic!
- The Eternal Empress has waged war against the countries of Saia for over 100 years, and now her sights are set on the last country standing. But within the brutal Empire’s workforce, a young man and woman discover they share a synergistic power that could change the fate of the entire world.
- Collects ETERNAL EMPIRE #1-5
THE GHOST FLEET: THE WHOLE GODDAMNED THING TP
- STORY: DONNY CATES
- ART / COVER: DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON, LAUREN AFFE, JOHN J. HILL
- NOVEMBER 29 / 208 PAGES / FC / M / $19.99
- COLLECTED FOR THE FIRST TIME!
- For the world’s most valuable, dangerous, or secretive cargo, you don’t call just any trucking service…you call THE GHOST FLEET. When one of the world’s most elite combat-trained truckers takes a forbidden peek at his payload, he uncovers a conspiracy that will change his life, and the world, forever! The critically acclaimed eight-issue miniseries is collected for the very first time in one deluxe, over-the-top volume from DONNY CATES (GOD COUNTRY, REDNECK) and the incredible DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON (EXTREMITY).
- Collects THE GHOST FLEET #1-8
I HATE FAIRYLAND, BOOK ONE HC
- STORY / ART /COVER: SKOTTIE YOUNG
- DECEMBER 6 / 296 Pages / FC / M / $29.99
- ADVANCE SOLICIT
- From SKOTTIE YOUNG, New York Times bestselling, Eisner Award-winning cartoonist of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz graphic novels, Rocket Raccoon, and Fortunately, the Milk, comes a satirical fairytale adventure that smashes its cute little face against hilariously violent comedy that’s definitely NOT bedtime story material for the kiddies (unless your parents are super cool and don’t screen your entertainment, then…whatever).
- In this oversized DELUXE HARDCOVER, join Gert (a grown woman in a six-year-old girl’s body, who has been stuck in a the magical world of Fairyland for over 30 years) on a maddening quest to return home. It’s just her, a fly named Larry, a giant blood-soaked battle-axe and an endless amount of cute and cuddly Fairylanders standing in her way.
- Collects I HATE FAIRYLAND #1-10, along with EXCLUSIVE EXTRAS!
INJECTION, VOL. 3 TP
- STORY: WARREN ELLIS
- ART / COVER: DECLAN SHALVEY & JORDIE BELLAIRE
- NOVEMBER 15 / 120 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
- An archaeological dig in Cornwall has gone very wrong, very quickly. And Maria Kilbride has her hands full already, as the effects of the Injection begin to dig in. So Brigid Roth, her old comrade from the CCCU, gets hired to go to a stone circle in the middle of a moor, under a granite tor, to find out why a ritual murder might have torn a hole in the world. What is the Cold House?
- “If you’re looking for an intense, moody exploration of how loud and strange the world could get, this is the one for you.”—Kirkus Reviews
- Collects INJECTION #11-15
OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA, BOOK 2 HC
- STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
- ART / COVER: PAUL AZACETA & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER
- NOVEMBER 29 / 272 PAGES/ FC/ M / $39.99
- This hardcover features twelve issues of the hit comic book series, along with covers and a sketchbook, in one oversized hardcover volume. Perfect for long-time readers and fans of the TV show.
- Kyle is faced with the most emotional exorcism he’s performed yet…as he begins to learn more about his abilities and what’s really happening around him. Secrets are revealed that will change everything.
- Collects OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #13-24.
REGRESSION, VOL. 1: WAY DOWN DEEP TP
- STORY: CULLEN BUNN
- ART: DANNY LUCKERT & MARIE ENGER
- COVER: DANNY LUCKERT
- NOVEMBER 15 / 128 PAGES / FC / M / $9.99
- Plagued by ghastly waking nightmares, Adrian reluctantly agrees to past-life regression hypnotherapy. As his consciousness is cast back through time, Adrian witnesses a scene of horrific debauchery and diabolism. Waking, he is more unsettled than before, and with good reason—something has followed him back. Adrian descends into a world of occult conspiracy, mystery, reincarnation, and insanity from which there is no escape.
- CULLEN BUNN (Harrow County, The Sixth Gun, The Empty Man), DANNY LUCKERT (Haunted), and MARIE ENGER (Pistolwhip, 2 Sisters) present a tale of supernatural terror and intrigue unlike any horror comic you’ve ever experienced.
- Collects REGRESSION #1-5
RENATO JONES, SEASON TWO: THE FREELANCER TP
- STORY / ART / COVER: KAARE KYLE ANDREWS
- NOVEMBER 29 / 136 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
- Mysterious vigilante Renato Jones showed the One% that for all their money, for all their power, they are not untouchable. But now they’re pushing back, and the resulting class warfare may be more than even Renato can handle. When full-time villains control the whole word, the only hero who can take on the job is self-employed…a Freelancer.
- KAARE KYLE ANDREWS proudly presents Season Two of the most dangerous comic on the planet!
- Collects RENATO JONES SEASON TWO #1-5
ROCKET GIRL, VOL. 2: ONLY THE GOOD… TP
- STORY: BRANDON MONTCLARE
- ART / COVER: AMY REEDER
- DECEMBER 6 / 128 PAGES / FC / T / $16.99
- ADVANCE SOLICIT
- “The Saturday morning cartoon you wish was on TV”—Broken Frontier
- DaYoung Johansson was prepared to destroy her future…but time travel isn’t that simple.
- Stranded in 1986, a teenage cop from a high-tech future vowed to hang up her helmet and jetpack. But past and present are still at war, and she’s being forced to grow up fast. As DaYoung pieces together the clues, she discovers the “future” she calls home—an alternate reality version of 2013—shouldn’t exist at all.
- Collects ROCKET GIRL #6-10
ROSE, VOL. 1 TP
- STORY: MEREDITH FINCH
- ART / COVER: IG GUARA
- NOVEMBER 8 / PAGES 152 / FC / T / $9.99
- A classic fantasy tale about a girl trying to restore balance to a broken world. Rose must connect with her Khat—Thorne—to become the Guardian her world needs. But things aren’t easy for Rose and Thorne. The sorceress Drucilla has many powerful and demonic allies—all of them focused on stopping one scared little girl who’s desperately trying to stay alive and do what’s right.
- Collects ROSE #1-6
SHIRTLESS BEAR-FIGHTER! TP
- STORY: JODY LEHEUP & SEBASTIAN GIRNER
- ART: NIL VENDRELL & MIKE SPICER
- COVER: ANDREW ROBINSON
- DECEMBER 6 / 152 PAGES / FC / M / $16.99
- ADVANCE SOLICIT
- After being betrayed by the bears that raised him, the legendary SHIRTLESS BEAR-FIGHTER wanders the forest he’s sworn to protect, fist-fighting bears, eating flapjacks, and being the angriest man the world has ever known! When wild-eyed, super-strong bears attack the citizens of Major City, Shirtless ventures into the human world to do what he does best…PUNCH THOSE BEARS IN THE FACE! But all is not as it seems. Someone is manipulating Shirtless…and only by confronting the demons of his past can Shirtless hope to save his future!
- A heart-filled, hilarious tall tale for the ages…you don’t want to miss SHIRTLESS BEAR-FIGHTER!
- Collects SHIRTLESS BEAR-FIGHTER! #1-5
THEY’RE NOT LIKE US, VOL. 3: THE LONG GOODBYE TP
- STORY: ERIC STEPHENSON
- ART: SIMON GANE & JORDIE BELLAIRE
- COVER: SIMON GANE & FONOGRAFIKS
- NOVEMBER 29 / 144 PAGES / FC / M / $14.99
- THEY’RE NOT LIKE US returns for its brutal third volume as the kids struggle to regroup while attempting to stay one step ahead of both a growing number of enemies and the increasingly curious authorities.
- Collects THEY’RE NOT LIKE US #13-18
SUNSTONE, VOL. 2 HC
- STORY / ART / COVER: STJEPAN SEJIC
- NOVEMBER 29 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99
- TRIM SIZE: 7.25” x 10.875”
- It was a simple arrangement. Two friends would partake in BDSM sessions together. They had all they needed: the will, the toys, and the safe word. Sunstone. It means stop. But now as both taste the bitterness of unrequited love, they will need to find the words to say go.
- Collects SUNSTONE, VOL. 4-5
WINNEBAGO GRAVEYARD TP
- STORY: STEVE NILES & ALISON SAMPSON
- ART / COVER: ALISON SAMPSON, STÉPHANE PAITREAU & JORDIE BELLAIRE
- NOVEMBER 22 / 128 PAGES / FC / T+ / $16.99
- An American family’s vacation turns into a nightmare when they stop in a small California town. Before they know what’s happening, they’ve become the targets of the town’s citizens who just happen to be Satanists. What comes next is a wild ride of terror and survival.
- Collects WINNEBAGO GRAVEYARD # 1-4
- “The art is beautiful. The story perfect. This is my favorite comic of the last few years already. I LOVE THIS BOOK!”–MARK MILLAR
- “Everything about this book gives me the willies.” –GAIL SIMONE
YOUNGBLOOD, VOL. 1: REBORN! TP
- STORY: CHAD BOWERS
- ART: JIM TOWE
- COVERS: JIM TOWE & ROB LIEFELD
- DECEMBER 6 / 112 PAGES / FC / T+ / $9.99
- ADVANCE SOLICIT
- THE ‘BLOOD IS BACK! 25 years ago, YOUNGBLOOD launched the Image Comics revolution. Now, ROB LIEFELD’s blockbuster creation returns with an all new cast and a bold new mission! An uber popular self-protection app called HELP! is changing how we stay safe — “HELP! lets you decide who saves you.” But when a high-rated young hero on the app goes missing, his best friend’s search for answers gains the attention of some unexpected allies, and together, they’ll do whatever it takes to find him… even if it means resurrecting the world’s most infamous super-team, Youngblood.
- Gear up, strap in, and get ready to rediscover comics most Extreme universe with creators CHAD BOWERS (X-Men ‘92, Deadpool: Bad Blood) and newcomer JIM TOWE!
- Collects YOUNGBLOOD #1-5