There are diehard Star Wars fans, hard-core Battlestar Galactica fans, and then there's the Houston Press, which has come up five reasons why Battlestar Galactica kicks Star Wars' ass.
In reverse David Letterman top-5 format, the reasons are:
5) Nuclear fission exists in the BSG universe.
4) The colonists had a better democracy.
3) BSG's women aren't just pretty princesses.
2) There is no Battlestar Galactica Holiday Special. (See below. Ack!)
... and the number one reason:
1) Cylons occasionally hit what they're aiming at.
And they're robots. Not only were the colonial refugees in actual danger of dying every time they were attacked, the Cylons' armor actually -- you know -- deflected gunfire. Imperial stormtroopers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, and their armor failed to even prevent diminutive teddy bear creatures from beating them to death with sticks in Return of the Jedi.Who do you side with? The rebels or the colonists?