Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Maleficent: 5 Things You Need to Know
Did you know that Lady Gaga was the inspiration behind Maleficent's make-up? Get other fun facts like this about the movie.
Maleficent - Airs Monday, October 17 at 9/8c
Once Upon a Time,
Angelina Jolie played Maleficent in a Disney movie that made lots of money. And here's five fun facts about that movie.
1. Angelina's daughter, Vivienne played young Aurora because all of the other 3 and 4 year olds who were cast were too afraid to come near Angelina in the Maleficent costume. That Vivienne has got chutzpah! Oh, and pay close attention to the early scenes of the movie and you might see two familiar faces among the "young loyal subjects" — Angelina's other kids, Pax and Zahara.
2. Oh and speaking of kids, Angelina said that she developed the voice for her character while giving her children a bath because it allowed her to hear her voice echo back to her. We're sure that was not at all frightening for her kids.
3. Did you know that prosthetics and make-up for Angelina's Maleficent were inspired by the album cover for Lady Gaga's Born This Way ? That's hot.
4. Angelina hand-picked Lana Del Ray to sing Maleficent's theme song, "Once Upon a Dream". Good choice, Ange.
5. Sometimes it's good to be bad. Maleficent was Disney's first film release that focused solely on a villain.