Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Want to know more about your favorite Syfy shows? Just ask Alexa!
Syfy is now officially the first entertainment network to launch an Alexa skill for the voice-enabled Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap and Amazon Fire TV, allowing users to interact with Alexa about all things Syfy.
For those unfamiliar with Alexa, she's basically the 'Siri' of such devices as the Amazon Echo -- and, since she lives in the Cloud, she's always getting smarter. The more you interact with Alexa, the more she adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences ... such as which Syfy shows you like the best!
Alexa has the answers to questions like:
- "Alexa, ask Syfy what happened on this week's 12 Monkeys?" – Alexa gives a recap from the most recent episode.
- "Alexa, ask Syfy what happens on the next episode of Hunters?" – Alexa provides a sneak peek of the upcoming program.
- "Alexa, ask Syfy when is the next episode of Wynonna Earp?" – Alexa supplies the date.
You can delve even deeper with answers to 'Easter Egg' questions such as:
- "Alexa, ask Syfy, What does the Army of the 12 Monkeys really want?"
- "Alexa, ask Syfy, What is the Protomolecule?"
- "Alexa, ask Syfy, What do vegetarian zombies eat?"