Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Every great academy needs a leader, and in the case of Deadly Class, it's Master Lin, played by the incredible Benedict Wong, a man who needs no introduction but we'll give him one anyway. Here's 10 things to know about Benedict Wong:
- Benedict Wong is best known for portraying Kulai Khan in Netflix's Marco Polo, Bruce NG in The Martian, and Wong in Doctor Strange.
- Wong was born in Salford, England.
- His first role was in a 1993 BBC radio play called Kai Mei Sauce.
- When asked about the 8o's anthems he'd like to hear in Deadly Class, he named The Cure.
- Wong was nominated at the British Independent Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Guo Yi in Dirty Pretty Things.
- You may also recognize Benedict for his role as Wong in Avengers: Infinity War.
- Benedict will appear in Ang Lee's science fiction action thriller, Gemnini Man.
- Wong is eager to see more representation in television. In a 2014 interview with The Guardian, Wong said, "In terms of representation, television is reflecting an era that has passed. It's the wrong time, it's the wrong period. In all sorts of television, it doesn't feel like the 21st century."
- He's a Manchester United fan.
- Benedict is also a respected theatre actor. He studied the performing arts at Salford City College.