Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Sierra McCurdy: Where Is She Now?
If Sierra could literally turn a smile upside down on Facebook, maybe her life would have never been ruined by the Internet.
If Sierra could literally turn a smile upside down on Facebook, maybe her life would have never been ruined by the Internet. Find out what Sierra's life is like now.
1. Are you currently active on Social Media? If yes, how has your online activity changed since the incident that changed your life?
I am back on social media but I only go on there to look, I don’t post anything.
2. What type of support did you seek in the aftermath of what happened to you?
I did seek financial support and things like that but it never did turn out right for me. It was hard getting help since I had quit my job even though they said I got fired. I had to go see a counselor since it was hard for me to sleep at night and I also had to leave my hometown.
3. If you had the chance to re-do the tweet/post that changed your life, what, if anything, would you do differently?
First off, I would have never been typing that fast and I would have paid more attention to what I said. Second I would have looked carefully at which emoji I added to my post. And third, I would have never said anything about the officers.
4. What, if any, ramifications from your incident are you still experiencing today?
In my hometown, I notice that plenty of people still have attitudes with me in person. I can tell by their body language and the vibes they give off.
5. Have you had any other life-changing incidents on the Internet since the one we profiled?
No, because I’m not active online anymore.
6. What advice would you give to other people on managing Social Media?
Watch what you say and watch what you post because you never know who it can affect.
7. What do you feel are positive aspects of the Internet (if any)?
You get to connect with old friends you haven’t seen in a while, you get to reunite with family sometimes and meet new people from new areas.