Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
Aside from the all of the demon-slaying, witty one-liners, and everyone's favorite doughnut-scarfing-crazy-chick-with-a-gun, Wynonna Earp Season 1 totally brought the heat with the relationship of Waverly and Officer Haught. It's no coincidence that once Waverly decided to ditch the Champ and get with Haughtness, the show really found its footing. In celebration of all things #WayHaught, we're going to chronicle their budding relationship in a weekly series that will answer the fundamental question that will be on your mind every Friday. How Hot Was WayHaught? Think of it like an episode recap, with pictures, and gifs, and all things #Wayhaught.
Episode 8 saw some Nicole-Waverly-Rosita bonding, a Purgatory vision quest, and some serious identity issues. Here's the play by play. Also ... Season 3 ... we got a Season 3 ... for real it's happening. Season 3.
- Nothing quite like starting fresh from a season renew ... errr ... new episode with a little existential identity crisis. Welcome Earp? Please.
- So many things to love in this pic. Just a new couple goofin' off. Nicole's "I love you to death" smile. Waverly's Barre AF arms ...
- Everyone has a different happy place. Some people like sitting on the porcelain throne for 20 minutes in complete silence. Some people hide under their desks at work with a bottle of wine and an ipad (no judgement please). This is the Earper happy place.
- Nothing to see here except Rosita channeling her inner Wynonna and breaking up a truly exquisite hair-behind-ear-tuck. Rude!
- Meanwhile, Wynonna is having an ayahuasca-at-burning-man-level vision quest.
- Waves you may be pretending to look at party decorations, but let's be honest. You're scoping your girl's booty. We don't blame you.
- Yes. The nicest person in Purgatory does deserve a smooch. It's moments like this that make World Peace seem possible.
- Just appreciate Waverly's reaction to booze. More please!
- What. Was. That. Look. Just a friendly nod to the tender of bar. Right? Right?!!? Deep breaths. Deep breaths.
- Accidental Renaissance. Squad rolls deep now.
- Waves? Rosie? Methinks those are nicknames reserved for other party's usage, and that any and all nicknames of and pertaining to the aforementioned parties shall heretofore be limited to their significant others. *This message has been notarized*
- Nicole may just have been trying to protect Waves but lying to her is not the way to go about it. Also, did she just drop the L-bomb?!
- Waverly is not feeling it.
- Been there. Regretted that. Nicole, girl, this is where you chase after Waverly and explain yourself. You just declared your love! That can't go unacknowledged! Next time just don't be such a hoarder with the life-changing documents.
VERDICT: LUKEWARM. There was some definite cuteness in this episode. Some hair-tucking, some loving caresses, some forehead kisses. But WayHaught seems to be in a bit of trouble. Nicole may have said she loved Waverly, but she also lied to her. And what's this? Player 3 has entered the game.