Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more!
How Hot Was #WayHaught: Season 3, Episode 8
Season 3, Episode 8 proved that the best things really do come in pairs! It was like a mad-lib of dynamic duos - we're talking WayHaught, JRob, Wynonna/Charlie, Charlie/Doc, and yes, even Wynonna/Kate.
Aside from the all of the demon-slaying, witty one-liners, and everyone's favorite doughnut-scarfing-crazy-chick-with-a-gun, Wynonna Earp Seasons 1 and 2 introduced us to Wayhaught: the burgeoning relationship of Waverly and Nicole. There have been ups (the in flagrante pre-coital lift from 203. swayt jaysus) and there have been downs (Rosita in a hot tub. why hast thou forsaken us?!), but like any amazing rollercoaster we're screaming and shouting the whole way through.
In celebration of all things #WayHaught, we're going to chronicle their budding relationship in our continuing weekly series. We will answer the fundamental question that will be on your mind every Friday: How Hot Was WayHaught? Think of it like an episode recap, with pictures, and gifs, and all things #Wayhaught.
Season 3, Episode 8 proved that the best things really do come in pairs! It was like a beautiful mad-lib of dynamic duos. We're talking every combination in the book: our favorites returned (WayHaught), new pairs heated up (Jeremy/Robin and Wynonna/Charlie), and we saw some new alliances that we, well, never thought would see the light of day (yes, Charlie/Doc and Wynonna/Kate).
- The best friend pool team this country needs. Jeremy and Wynonna discussed how bad they are at the two B's: billiards and boys. It's crucial to note that Wynonna was wearing a shirt that said "Lasanga Del Rey," and that might be a piece of content more valuable than the Mona Lisa.
- Oh, and right when it seemed like they'd come away as a losing pool team, Jeremy encourages Wynonna to ask Purgatory's dreamiest firefighter on a date. We would jump into several burning buildlings for you, Charlie.
- Stone Witch is back and hotter than ever. And by hotter, we mean it looks like she was left in the toaster for a fortnight.
- Okay, sometimes Kate makes somes questionable calls, but Doc was very harsh. Countessa was just trying to remind Doc that he's a lil' snack by bringing him a lil' snack. In addition to this edible former frat star, she gave Doc the ability to stay young forever and a beautiful new set of chompers, and this is what she gets in return???!
- And the snack saga really only gets worse from there when Doc decides to nom on Robin's arm. To make matters worse, Doc tells Jeremy that Robin tastes like "rancid Earth". He sure knows what to say to make a guy feel special...
- The only thing more tender than Robin's arm? This beautiful moment where Jeremy takes care of him.
- Charlie and Wynonna's dinner date is too cute, and the authorities may need to be called. We are ON CLOUD 9. Charlie tells Wynonna that he can handle the whole hot mess thing, because he quite literally does that for a living. Wynonna does an excellent job buttering him up as well. Ring the alarm, because this budding romance is quickly approaching a full-blown five alarm fire.
- We finally get the Kate/Doc origin story, and it turns out Doc pulled the classic tarot-card-reading-turned-drinks date approach, which we have to respect. Very creative first date, although if they had gone for a movie and dinner, they might not be vampires now?
- In the greatest turn of events, the Stone Witch (who is trying out a new skincare routine) is responsible for creating the two most surprising dynamic duos of the season. Her super burnt face has turned enemies into frenemis, and for that, we salute her. First out of the gate is the super hunky duo we didnt even know we could handle (we're still not sure we can). It turns out a vampire / firefighter combo isn't just the ultimate 5th grade halloween costume, it's also buddy cop goals:
- Next up is Contessa Kate and Wynonna. Just like all beautiful friendships, they bond over whiskey, guns and mutual ex-boyfriends and become the lady power overcooked-witch-fighting pair that we will never take for granted.
- What is better than new duos? Two vintage duos pairing up in celebration of love, friendship, and Sheriff Haught's promotion in the first ever Big Gay Dinner. Stunning.
- Unfortunately, as the oven started warming up, WayHaught started cooling down in the most awkward mistake proposal of all time. We are still processing the range of emotions we felt in this short period, but WOW. Not only did Nicole's proposal end up being a ...non proposal, it was BULSHAR's ring. Word to the wise: If you drop something around your significant other, go down on two knees, NOT one, to pick it up. Turns out Every Kiss Begins with Bulshar...
- On the bright side, Waverly ends up putting the ring on and it turns her into Super Wav and she uses her strength to dropkick the Stone Witch after that toasty lady tries to hurt Nicole. Very chill.
- The potato hand holding between these two spuds--er um... studs is a mash made in heaven (this is too easy).
- We, too, hope Wynonna doesn't ghost Charlie. On the contrary, we'll be really happy if this couple bread sticks around. We crack ourselves up.
- And in the end, Wynonna finds out she should be seeking out the Garden of Eden, rather than Olive Garden, and the Stone Witch dies so that all of our favorite duos can live. Ciao, Constance. We hope you get some much-needed moisturizer in hell.
VERDICT: We gained some beautiful new friendships, romances, and crime-fighting duos, but we'll be cringing for weeks after that non proposal. Hang in there, Waverly. This week's episode is officially....